Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Review: Spitfire


My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I wanted to like this short story. I really did. But the truth is, I sort of hated it. The "hero" was a complete asshole of caveman proportions. I get that he was into spanking and such. But his spankings came across like he was actually punishing the "heroine", rather than just spanking her for some sexy bedroom fun. I don't mind the men in my books being dominate. I'll admit, it's kind of hot. And authors that write about these types of men do walk that fine line of dominate sexy male versus caveman douchebag asshole. Our hero, Rem, came across as the 2nd type. As a result of the caveman hero, I didn't even find the sex hot.

I'm disappointed. This was the first Mari Carr book that I didn't love. Boo-hiss-grrr. So mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment