Saturday, April 9, 2011

Review: Caught On Camera


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The story focuses on Kate and Ty. Kate is a personal assistant for Ty, star of an Extreme Survival show called Survive This!. But more than being a personal assistant - she is also the camera assistant, travel agent, etc. Basically - she does EVERYTHING for Ty and this show, except be in front of the camera. And she has had a mad crush on him forever.

One day while filming an episode in a snowy location, they have an accident and become stranded. And well, I'm sure you can guess that they both gave in to temptation. Of course. As we come to realize, Ty has had a crush on Kate for years as well. There is endless flirting, but Ty thinks Kate isn't really interested and Kate thinks Ty is just joking around with her. Being stranded forces them to face some realities that neither of them ever have before. Both have some issues from childhood that are still effecting their adult lives, etc.

I'm giving this book a 4.5.....and only because it took me a little while to actually care about the characters. It seemed that the real story began after they got stranded and each of them really began to let down their walls.

Overall, I loved the book. I still think Meg Maguire (or Cara McKenna) is my new favorite author. And PS - I effing LOVED the ending. L-O-V-E-D it. The perfect way for it to end.....and didn't see it coming at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment