Saturday, April 23, 2011

Review: Scoring


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Meh. I don't have much to say about this short story. Hunky high school football coach has the hots for the high school choir director. And they have hot monkey sex. That's all fine and good.....and I'm even willing to accept the speed of the "relationship" due to the short length of this piece. BUT - where it fell apart for me is when the story turned into "let's see how many sports related sexual innuendos and double entendres we can fit in here". If there's one sure way to make my girl-wood go limp - it's to start talking about sports. Even if you're really not talking about sports. If you say touchdown but you mean you just had a powerful orgasm.....I probably stopped listening after I was distracted by the word touchdown.

3 stars - but only because I LOVE Mari Carr's writing (and I can't stand to give her anything lower than a 3). And it did sorta start out as a hot little story.

No comments:

Post a Comment