Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review: Simply Shameless (#3)


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book. Loved it.....loved it......loved it. I didn't want it to end, I couldn't put it down and the only reason I didn't read it in one sitting was because, you know, I have a job to go to.

Book 3 of this series tells the story of Madame Helene - who is the owner of the House of Pleasure. I love a good tortured hero. I also love a good tortured heroine. Fortunately for me, this book has both.

The book starts out with Helene, traveling alone from France to England to start a new life for herself. On her way there, she meets Philip Ross. Initially, she ignores him....but when a carriage accident forces them to spend a few nights together at an inn in the middle of nowhere - things heat up quickly. At the end of their few days together, they realize that their little fling is really something more. Philip ends up proposing marriage to Helene, but is swiftly turned down because Helene just can't bring herself to trust him or think she's good enough for him. He storms off and they part ways......for the next 18 years.

Through a series of events, Philip comes back into Helene's life 18 years later, and neither of them can deny that the attraction and the passion they once had are still there.

So far, I have loved both books in this series. When I got to this one, I honestly thought I was going to dislike it. I mean, I really didn't care about Helene, the owner of the House of Pleasure......until I learned about her backstory. Oh man. Talk about breaking your heart. And Philip, too. Geez. If two people EVER deserved a HEA - it's these two.

I would give this one more than 5 stars if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment