Friday, April 29, 2011

Review: Backwoods (#1)


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was the first book I've ever read that was a male/male romance. Shane - the heterosexual, gruff bar owner in Nowheresville, Louisiana and Gabriel - the "too beautiful to be believed" mandolin player. Gabriel walks into Shane's bar one night - and neither of their lives would ever be the same again.

Shane has never been attracted to men......until he meets Gabriel. There's something magical about Gabriel that Shane just can't understand - and what starts out as Gabriel just bumming a night on Shane's couch soon turns into nights of passion and the best sex Shane has ever had.

OK - I really loved this story. The chemistry was very real between Shane and Gabriel. I love the fact that Shane is a macho alpha-male heterosexual who can't quite understand his attraction to this man. He fights the attraction, takes his anger out on Gabriel (which he loves) and they have some crazy hot mansex.

This was my first m/m book....but it certainly won't be my last. Hot sex is hot sex, y'all. Whether it's m/m, m/f, m/f/m.....whatever. H.O.T.

My ONLY complaint is that this book was so short. I would have rather it have been a full length novel with more time for some character building (more for Gabriel than Shane).

No comments:

Post a Comment