Monday, January 31, 2011

Review: The Darkest Passion (#5)

The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was the story of Aeron and Olivia. Aeron - possessed by the demon of Wrath and Olivia - a warrior angel sent to kill Aeron. Only, she can't do it. She sees the good in him and can't make herself kill him. Instead, she chooses to fall from the heavens to be with him.

OK - so....what I liked: I enjoy the relationships between the couples and the characters. That's never a problem with any of the Lords of the Underworld books.

What I didn't like: Everything is always tied up so neatly....in the span of just a few pages. I don't mind the resolutions, but sometimes....I would like to see a better explanation. I don't need the conflict resolution tied up and presented to me in a neat 3-page package.

One more thing.....the relationship between Aeron and his demon "pet", Legion. Let's just say it got creepy. It didn't go too far, thankfully, but it did go creepy. Just sayin'.

But as with all of the LOTU books, they are quick reads and are always entertaining and enjoyable. I think Showalter's writing style is better suited for YA books (that's how they sometimes read to me....other than the hot sexy parts). But as long as she keeps writing for this series, I will keep reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment