Friday, January 28, 2011

Review: The Darkest Angel (#4.5)

Heart of Darkness: The Darkest Angel\Love Me to Death\Lady of the Nile (Lords of the Underworld, #4.5)Heart of Darkness: The Darkest Angel\Love Me to Death\Lady of the Nile by Gena Showalter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OK - I only read "The Darkest Angel" by Gena Showalter. It's the first story/Novella in the book. So my rating is based only on that.

So far in the LOTU series - I have not been a fan of the novellas. They seem to take away from the main focus of the story - although I'm sure there is a higher purpose to them that will be revealed at some point.

But this book was an exception. It DOES keep inline with the current progress of the story. And I quite enjoyed it. Granted, my expectations were low....but it was a good (albeit quick) read.

This one focuses on Lysander and Bianka. Lysander is an angel from Heaven who kidnaps Bianka, a Harpy, and he is determined to turn around her wicked ways. But of course, he soon finds himself falling for her....blah blah blah....you know the rest. It's a romance novel, right?

The one thing about Gena Showalter's books and stories that sort of irk me....her characters constantly hiss. Not like snakes hiss....but it's always "he's hissed in a breath" or whatever. Surely there is another word that can be used occasionally. Does it always have to be hiss? Just an observation.

But at the end of the day - this was a good story - and definitely worth the time.

Oh - and I have to mention.....it does set up the storyline that is featured in the next book, The Darkest Passion. So don't skip this one just because it's a novella

No comments:

Post a Comment