Friday, January 21, 2011

Review: The Darkest Night (#1)

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1)The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ok, so Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series got me hooked on the paranormal romance genre. That being said - I don't expect any other books to come close to those.

But Lords of the Underworld does come kinda close. While I don't enjoy Showalter's style of writing as much as I do Cole's....the books are fascinating....the LOTU universe is deep and well defined....and they are super-quick reads. (I average one about every 24 hours.) I think Showalter is more suited to writing young adult fiction....which I think she does also do, although I haven't read any of it. I don't know, maybe that's just a personal preference thing.

Anyway....

This is the first book of the series. (Let'd just pretend the HORRIBLE prequel didn't exist, ok?)

The story of sweet Ashlyn, a human with some very unhuman abilities, and Maddox, the most dangerous and violent of all the Lords.

More of the tortured man - woman who saves him stuff. Gah. I can't get enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment