Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Review: The Darkest Lie (#6)

The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6)The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the story of Gideon and Scarlet. Gideon - possessed by the demon of Lies and Scarlet - possessed by the demon of Nightmares.

Of all the LOTU books I've read, this one might just be my favorite. I love the character of Gideon....and have throughout the series, so I'm glad he finally got his own story.

There were some great twists involving their demons and Gideon and Scarlet seemed to have more emotional ups and downs as compared to some of the couples from previous books. And maybe it's just because I really liked Gideon, but the sex seemed to be much hotter in this one than some of the previous ones. Hmmm.

What I didn't like: Well - it's more of a minor annoyance, really. Gideon is the keeper of lies, right? So....this means he can't ever utter the truth or he suffers tremendous pain. If he wants to tell someone they're pretty, he has to tell them they're ugly. If he's hot, he has to say he's cold. Everyone that knows him knows how to translate his "Gideon-speak"....but it does get kind of annoying for the reader. But, because of Gideon's character, I did find myself kind of charmed by his "affliction".....eventually.

I can't wait for the next book in the series - this one did a good job of setting it up! Well, setting up the next TWO books, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment