Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Review: Lover Revealed (#4)

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was the story of Butch and Marissa.

Butch, the human cop who now lives with the Brotherhood - and Marissa, known as one of the most beautiful vampires - who has also been ostracized by her aristocratic family for things they deem socially unacceptable.

Maybe it was just me - but there seemed to be WAY more sex in this book than the last ones. I don't know. I may be wrong about that, but whatever. It was HOT.

I also enjoyed the running feminist theme that was going on with Marissa, who was learning how to stand up for herself in a society (the vampire aristocracy) that wants to keep her as property. It was nice to see her gradually change and get stronger throughout the book.

Another (surprising) thing I enjoyed.....the "bromance" between Butch and his best friend/roommate/vampire, Vishous (or V). While the book did sort of hint that V's feelings could easily have moved to more than that of a bromance.....things never went in that direction.

Overall - I have enjoyed this series so much. I've fallen in love with all the characters, especially the men. They are all given a strong backstory - so you really know exactly what kind of life they have lead outside of the time frame of the book.

As long as the BDB books are being written.....I'll keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment