Thursday, February 10, 2011

Review: Lover Enshrined (#6)

Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The story of Phury and Cormia.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. I had heard that it was the weakest of the series - and on some accounts, it is. I didn't begin to care about Phury and Cormia as a couple until the last part of the book. And by last part, I mean, literally, the last 5 or so chapters. There was SOOO much that went on in this book that didn't involve them, I felt like they were almost a side story.

But, that being said, I didn't *hate* the book. I simply would have liked to see more of Phury and Cormia coming together as a couple and less of everything else.

If I could, I would probably give this 3 and a 1/2 stars. I'm only giving it 4 because it does set up some interesting scenarios for the future of the Brotherhood and the vampire race as a whole. But the Phury/Cormia story is just a 3 star deal. Sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment