Friday, February 11, 2011

Review: Lover Avenged (#7)

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This one was the story of Rehvenge and Ehlena.

I really didn't expect to care about these two as a couple. I mean, Rehv is a pimp, drug dealer, all around mafia boss who is also half vampire and half sympath.

Ehlena is a sweet (vampire) nurse who is caring for her ailing father while trying to pay the bills.

I just didn't expect there to be chemistry. But....oh was I wrong.

Like the last few books in this series - there are lots of other things going on as well. But in this one, all that extra stuff seemed to flow so much better. It enhanced the main storyline rather that hinder it.

I loved that we got a good continuation of Wrath and Beth's story, as well as the beginnings of the story with Xhex and John.

All in all - I LOVED this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment