Friday, March 18, 2011

Review: One Foot in the Grave (#2)

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't really express how much I love Cat and Bones as a couple. I was a little scared going into this book....seeing as how in the last book, Cat had ended things with Bones in order to protect him. (I mean, I knew they would get back together....cause there were more books in the series. Duh. But I just didn't know how....) Anyway.

The book takes place four years later. Cat is working for a secret government agency, and she's starting to make quite the name for herself as the "the Red Reaper". And she hasn't seen Bones since she left him a "Dear John" letter and bolted out of his life. Then Cat gets an assignment to kill a vampire that she soon finds out is Ian, the vamp who created Bones. Because of this, she can't make the kill out of loyalty to Bones.....and a whole series of events happens because of this.

Needless to say, Bones reappears in Cat's life and things heat up from there. And let me just specifically point to chapter 32. WOW. That's all I'll say.

Overall, I loved this book. There's a great blend of action, sex, and witty banter to keep you entertained from beginning to end. Oh....and the end. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment