Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review: Halfway to the Grave (#1)

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm a huge fan of paranormal romance books, although I admit that I am somewhat new to the genre. I've read several of the most popular series of books in this genre (Immortals After Dark and Black Dagger Brotherhood, etc.) so I really didn't expect to fall in love with another series like I did those. WRONG!

While these books are more about action than sex - it totally works for these characters and this series. Cat and Bones have such a delicious love/hate relationship at first. (Well, all the hate being on Cat's side.) It was fun to watch it bloom into something more.

If anyone reading this remembers the TV show Moonlighting, you'll appreciate this book. Cat and Bones have this great back and forth banter that is always laced with a little bit of sex. While they might be arguing - you know they're both thinking about what it's like to make out with the other one. That element alone makes this worth reading.

All that aside - the concept is great. Cat - the half human/half vampire who hunts and kills vamps. Bones - the 240 year old vampire who hunts the bad vamps for money.

I can't wait to sink my teeth into the rest of the series. (And yes - that is such a bad pun to use when describing a vampire book. But, I.DO.NOT.CARE.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment