Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Review: Destined for an Early Grave (#4)

Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Whoa. There is A LOT that goes on in this one book. First, we discover a hidden marriage in Cat's past - one that even she didn't know about. She was 16 and it was wiped from her memory. The first husband happens to be someone named Gregor - also known as the Dreamsnatcher. He begins appearing to Cat in her dreams - and this is how she begins to piece her past (or at least the missing month of her past) back together.

(And I'm stealing a little bit from my friend Jen's review, but I felt this same way.) This book marked the first time that I thought that Cat and Bones were done as a couple. OK. I mean....I know there are more than four books in this series....and obviously you can't have a Cat & Bones book without Cat & Bones....but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have to be together as a couple, right? Hmmm. It was causing me a lot of undue stress thinking that my new favorite PNR pair just may not make it to their happily ever after.

Like all the other books - there is much action - an interesting appearance from a historical figure (voodoo queen Marie Laveau!), and lots and lots of surprises. But most of all - Cat finally FINALLY tears down that last remaining wall that she had up between her and Bones. I admit - I might have had tears in my eyes over that. Just a little bit....

Lastly, I will say this...Jeaniene Frost sure has a knack for being consistently awesome with this series. I do think this is the first PNR series I have read that I have given 5 stars to all of the books. Maybe this has to do with all of the books following the same couple, versus it being a new couple for each new book. I don't know. And frankly I don't care. As long as JF is cranking out Night Huntress books - I'm gonna keep reading them!

No comments:

Post a Comment