Saturday, March 26, 2011

Review: This Side of the Grave (#5)


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So.....this book finds Cat & Bones together and, for the most part, at peace. Although that peace will be short-lived. But for the first time in the series, Cat and Bones are not separated, fighting, kidnapped, or otherwise in distress. And it was weird. In the previous books, I longed for the day when Cat & Bones could just be a happy, normal couple. Well, as happy as two vampires who are also vampire killers can be. I always thought....how much more can one couple go through? Can't they just be allowed to exist as a married couple? This Side of the Grave finally allows that, and like I said.....it was weird. Now, don't get me wrong - eventually, shit happens and there are battles - but this time, they're together for them.

In this one, we learn a little bit more about Marie Laveau and her powers and the ghosts play a much larger role as well. Including Cat & Bones adopted ghost, Fabian....who I really sort of love.

I would give this book 4 1/2 stars if Goodreads allowed halves. It was an awesome book, as are all in the Night Huntress series, it was just slightly less awesome than the previous books. That being said - I CAN'T WAIT for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment