Monday, March 7, 2011

Review: Delicious (#3)

Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3)Delicious by Shayla Black

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ok. I have to say....out of the 3 books in this series, this one probably had the most plot and much less sex than the two previous books. Oh, don't get me wrong - there was PLENTY of sex....but, to me, it just seemed like there was less. And I'm ok with that. I do like plot in my smexy books. BUT.....

The reason I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 4.5 or 5 stars.....the plot had holes aplenty. And some supposedly smart characters who were completely effing stupid.

First off - Luc was an asshole for like 75% of the book. What happened to sweet Luc from book 2? Geez. Then Tyler - who is the character who is effing stupid, but I can't say why because it would be major spoilerage.

That being said....if you ignore the holes in the plot and Luc's assholery - you have a descent story between the two main characters. Granted, you wanted to scream at both of them to just communicate like normal people and their problems would be solved....but if that happened, the book would have simply been a novella.

That ALL BEING SAID - I still read this book in (basically) one sitting. I cared enough that I really wanted to know what was going to happen next....even if it did frustrate me a lot along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment