Sunday, May 22, 2011

Review: Two Plus One

Two Plus OneTwo Plus One by Brynn Paulin

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I have a few words for this book: Ewwww. Creepy. Stalker. Should I go on?

It involves Briony the teacher and two of her students. OK, so she's a 33 year old college professor and the two students, Nic and Leo, are 27. But still. Gross. They come to her one day and ask to drop her class. She wonders why they would do it, since the semester is almost over and they are both A students. Come to find out, they want to fuck her. Both of them. They only took her class to learn more about her - they didn't need it to graduate. And they've been watching her FOR TWO YEARS. Good Lord. In what universe is that NOT stalking.

Initially, she turns them down, but they drop her class and then right away, she's all "you're not my students anymore.....let's fuck!". Ewwww.

So they have a weekend threesome fuckfest - and as she's leaving for work on Monday morning, they apparently have a front yard makeout session. And the Dean sees them. And photographs the three of them. Um, OK. So why was he in her neighborhood with a camera? And if he just used his cell phone to take the picture, he would have been pretty damn close to even get a good pic. Again. Ewwww. Creepy. Stalker. Geezus, what is it about Briony that makes men stalk her? So yea, the Dean calls her into his office and tells her to break it off with the two guys or she's fired. Oh, and she also has to have sex with him. Ewwwww. Creepy.

She ends up quitting and the threesome ends up happily ever after.

So, judging by my one star rating, nothing in this story worked. I just couldn't get past the creepiness factor. And it wasn't the threesome factor that bothered me. Actually, that's the one part of the story that I didn't have a problem with. What I didn't like was that these two guys stalked her (however innocent their intentions were) for two years and then were just like "let's fuck". And when I got to the part where the Dean wanted to blackmail her for sex - I literally said out loud "GROSS". I mean. No. Nothing worked. Nothing turned me on. I had no girlwood whatsoever for this story.

My suggestion - skip it!

No comments:

Post a Comment