Monday, May 23, 2011

Review: Seven Day Loan

Seven Day LoanSeven Day Loan by Tiffany Reisz

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not sure what I expected from this book. To be honest, the premise kind of skeeved me out. A man loans his sub to a Dom whose wife/sub died three years ago. I've read a lot of books featuring a Dom/sub relationship, and the concept of "you're my property and I'll loan you out as I see fit" has always made me uncomfortable. But, the book made it clear that the heroine, Eleanor, wasn't exactly forced to do anything. She didn't have to have sex with the guy she was being loaned to, whose name is Daniel. No, no sex had to be involved unless she was ok with it.

Turns out, Daniel is actually a nice guy. Smart, handsome, wealthy, and very much a Dom. But what I loved about Eleanor was that even though she was a sub, she wasn't Miss Meek and Mild. She was a smart-ass, she was bold, and she dared Daniel push her to her limits (which he did), and she seemed to enjoy every second of it. And in turn, she challenged him and pushed him to his limits as well. Since his wife died three years ago, he had been celibate and had not left the house since her funeral. We quickly learn that Eleanor's presence there isn't simply about her being his sexual plaything....she's there to heal him and bring him out of his self-imposed exile.

It doesn't take long for you to want Eleanor to end up with Daniel and not go back to Him (as he's called in the book.....her current lover/Dom) I won't say how it all ended, but I know there is a sequel on the author's website......so I hope the continuation of the story goes the way I think it might. *fingers crossed*

When I opened this book up on my Kindle, I had only planned to read a few pages before drifting off to sleep, but as I got into the story, I couldn't stop clicking through to the next page. I couldn't read fast enough to get to the end.

All that being said, there was one scene that made me go "whoa!". It definitely pushed my comfort level to its limits, but it was dealt with in such a way that I wasn't turned off or grossed out by it. It just simply pushed me to that point. And that's part of the reason I read books like this.....to push my mind to places it might not otherwise go.

No comments:

Post a Comment