Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Review: The Virgin and the Playboy

The Virgin and the Playboy (1 Night Stand)The Virgin and the Playboy by Kate Richards

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I swear. I should know better than to read these novellas and expect the HEA that I want! Damn it. If you've EVER read any of my reviews, you know that more often than not I need that confirmation that everything all worked out. Even though I know they got their happily ever after - I need PROOF!! I need it spelled out for me in black and white. I can't just be expected to use my own imagination to picture how everything plays out AFTER the last page! I mean - I'm the READER! I have to use MY imagination?? What the what? But seriously.....

Even though it left me wanting more - I loved this novella. It tells the story of Julia and Mark. Julia somehow managed to graduate from college with her virginity intact. At this point, she just wants to get her cherry popped and be done with it. She's tired of it holding her back. So, she consults this website called 1NightStand.com and arranges for (you guessed it) a one night stand with a hot playboy type. She didn't tell the site she was a virgin.....thinking that would be breaking rules or something.

So, she goes to this Vegas hotel to meet Mark. Mark is the hot guy that rarely sleeps with the same girl twice.....he is, as the kids say, a player. He's usually seen with the overly blonde, fake breasted women. He joins up with the 1NightStand.com site on a dare from his friends. Who knew the dare would lead to Julia - who turns his world upside down in just a few hours.

Y'all, when I say the sex is hot - I mean it is H.O.T. Crazy hot monkey bed sex and even hotter monkey shower sex. And not only that, Mark and Julia actually make an emotional connection. She's real in a way that the women he usually dates are not. (I'm not just talking about boobs.) Julia is sweet, honest, and genuine. Mark - who you want to think of as just a doucebag - really isn't. Even though he is (was?) a player.....deep down, he is a nice guy who just never met the right girl.

This is a super quick read that will only leave you wanting to know more about Mark and Julia. It's sexy and sweet and has a lot of heart, considering it is an erotic novella. I loved it......I just wanted more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment